The requirements for cross-border export of used electric and electronic products (EE- products). A testing and documentation requirement was introduced as of 1 January 2016 for the exportation of used EE-products.
Anyone who wants to export used EE-products from Norway is required to comply with the testing, documentation and packaging requirements.
The burden of proof for whether the requirements for exporters of used EE-products have been satisfied lies with the exporters.
Among other things, the requirements are that:
- The EE-products shall be packaged
- Each EE-product shall be tested prior to exportation
- The testing shall be documented and attached to each product.
- The following documentation shall be enclosed with the consignment
– Testing protocol and documentation of testing for all the products
– Contract, invoice or other things that can document that the products are suitable for direct reuse
– Declaration that the consignment does not contain waste
The Norwegian Environment Agency encourages the relevant actors to read the requirements in § 1-24 of the Waste Regulations (in Norwegian).
Read more at The Norwegian Environment Agency website here.