There are limits to what you can bring with you of vegetables, fruit, berries, plants and seeds to Norway.
The import of agricultural products is subject to special regulations in order to prevent the spread of plant and animal diseases.
You may still bring the following fruit, berries, plants and plant components for private use without a permit
- up to 10 kilograms fruit, berries and vegetables
- up to 25 cut flowers
- up to 3 kilograms flower bulbs and flower knolls
- up to 5 potted plants (house plants) from European countries
- up to 50 packets of seeds.
If you are bringing larger amounts than this, you must have a phytosanitary certificate for the goods.
Please note that you need a special permit to bring potatoes to Norway, regardless of the quantity.
Further information can be obtained from the Norwegian Food Saftey Authority.
It is forbidden to bring with you pesticides to Norway, either as a professional (unless you are approved by the competent authority) or for private use in your own garden.
- See www.mattilsynet.no for details.