Skip to content

Importation of explosives and fireworks

Before you can import explosives, fireworks, etc., you must register and receive approval from the Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning.

Note: An update of this article is pending. Please note that some terms and/or references may differ from the Movement of Goods Act and the Customs Duty Act that enters into force from the 1st of January 2023.

The legal acquisition of explosives entails that you shall handle the goods so that no accidents occur and that the explosives do not go astray or come into the wrong hands. The Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning (DSB) is responsible for administration of the regulations.